Escalators to Hell: Shopping Mall Horrors
Your favorite suburban hangout has transformed into a site of unimaginable terror. There’s something amiss at the mall. Elderly mallwalkers are being devoured by an unseen creature. A mad scientist is building a doomsday device out of Radio Shack parts. Post apocalypse, survivors attempt to recreate their 90s memories in a ruined mall. Each day when a boy checks Google Maps, the fancy new mall looks bigger—and closer to his village. Escalators to Hell: Shopping Mall Horrors is a new collection of horror and dark sci-fi stories about one-stop shopping gone wrong.
22 Stories by 22 Authors
We’ve invited five featured authors to lead this expedition into suburban terror:
- Lor Gislason – Editor of Bound in Flesh: An Anthology of Trans Body Horror and author of Inside Out and other works
- Somto Ihezue – British Science Fiction Award and Nommo Award nominee poet and short story writer whose stories have appeared in publications such as Tor: Africa Risen Anthology, Podcastle, Escape Pod, Strange Horizons, Nightmare Magazine, and POETRY Magazine
- Angela Liu – Poet and short story writer whose work has appeared in publications such as Clarkesworld, The Dark, Nightmare Magazine, and Strange Horizons
- J.A.W. McCarthy – Bram Stoker Award and Shirley Jackson Award nominated author whose short fiction has appeared in publications such as Vastarien, PseudoPod, Apparition Lit, and The Best Horror of the Year Vol 13
- Jennifer Lee Rossman – Pushcart and Utopia Awards nominated author whose stories have appeared in dozens of anthologies
Joining them are Connor Boyle, Liam Burke, Pines Callahan, Anjum N. Choudhury, Wendy Dalrymple, Cassandra Daucus, Jude Deluca, Coyote Dembicki, Derek Des Anges, Cyrus Amelia Fisher, Eirik Gumeny, Ria Hill, Rick Hollon, Wan Phing Lim, Avra Margariti, Bram Stoker Award winner Christi Nogle, and J.R. Santos. The cover art is by Jessica Checkeroski.
Book release: February 2024